Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trapped in the Covers

Trapped under the Covers with laptop mounted on belly.  Baby Girl is on the end of the bed, cleaning herself.  We are alerted to squirrels on the balcony, but otherwise unable to remove ourselves from the dreamy warmness of Covers.  It is 5.7 degrees in the Chicago suburbs.  A beautiful clear day, but I remain trapped under the Covers. 
Reaching for coffee on the little side table is such a twisted effort that I dare not move from under the Covers.  If I expose more body from the precious Covers, I will surely freeze.  My arm will break off.

Oh, I wish I could reach for that coffee.
While it is still hot.

Perhaps this would be a good time to wake Fiance` to assist me in my troubled state.

Screaming "help help I need my coffee!" seems appropriate but alarming. 

I guess I am doomed to get my coffee all by myself.  And watch another squirrel stare at me, mocking my fear of the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment