Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Memphis

Fat fun in Memphis!  I had a blast!  Consumed all the Non-Doggito foods:  BBQ'd pork, fried bologna,  pulled pork, sausage(s) and Other.  I was on the same plane as Buddy Guy!  Fiance` spoke to him.  I remained my cool unobtrusive self.  Heard fun blues, jazz and Karoake up and down Beale Street.  Visited the MLK museum.  Lost the Nook.  Found great joy and rapture!  Who gets that and how often??

Home now.  Resting.  Wonder why you need to recover after a vacation.  I guess that the everyday work of life is somewhat of a puke after Memphis. 

That exquisite department store called "Schwabbs" on Beale Street is closing -!  Or at least is now for sale.  Is it because of what we bought or did not buy?  Who knows.  On Saturday I found it.  On Sunday it was closed with news from Polly's Restaurant, across the street, that the owner is selling Schwabbs. 

Excuse my spelling.  Always.Hotel Peabody, Memphis, Tennessee Art Poster Print, 18x13

No comments:

Post a Comment